One of my family’s favorite treats is Rocky Road candy. In fact, we love it so much, I’ve started reserving it for the holidays so we don’t overdo it all year long. My kids and I just made it this morning so I’m compelled to share it with all of you who might be looking for some fun new treats for the holiday season!
Rocky Road Candy
2 cups Kix cereal*
2 cups Rice Chex*
4 tablespoons Wow Butter (or other peanut butter substitute)
2 cups white mini marshmallows
1 bag of Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips
* use any dry cereal that is safe for your family, I prefer the plain corn, wheat or rice cereals w/large pieces that are easy to grab onto.
1. In a large, microwave safe bowl, pour the entire bag of chocolate chips and add the Wow Butter. Microwave for 1 minute and stir, then continue to heat in 15-30 second intervals until completely melted and stirs smooth.
2. Add the cereals and marshmallows. (Encourage your kids to help with measuring and pouring!) Stir it up until all items are coated with chocolate mixture.
3. Spread out a sheet of wax or freezer paper and pour out your candy. Spread it out so it’s in a thin layer and let it dry.
4. Store in the refrigerator until you’re ready to eat. Also freezes well!
Note: Recipe adapted from Eating With Food Allergies (link). I’ve changed it a bit, so I’m sharing my version here.
You can find more of my food allergy posts, tips & recipes on my Food Allergy page. I’d also love to connect with you on my Marketing Mama facebook page and twitter. This post, and all posts on this blog, are written from my experiences as a parent of a child with food allergies. I am not a medical expert and encourage you to consult with a doctor on your personal medical situation. I was not compensated in any way for mentioning the products in this recipe. I purchased the products myself and my opinions are my own. Well, my kids’ opinions, too.
Both comments and pings are currently closed.